A teenage girl was killed and her family left injured after a huge explosion that could be heard 30 miles away levelled their home.
The Oklahoma City property was completely destroyed in the massive blast that officials have blamed on a gas leak from a wood burning fireplace’s lighter.
Authorities say that the violent explosion killed Berklee Maguire, 14, and left her father, Shawn, in a serious condition.
The teenager’s mother, Tanda, and brother, Hayden, suffered from burns, according to KFOR.
Neighbours told investigators that Shawn Maguire told neighbours he had received an electrical shock while plugging in a coffee maker when the blast happened.
Three neighbouring homes were also damaged in the Thursday morning incident.
“Sarah and I are heartbroken by the news of an explosion at a home in Edmond this morning and the tragic loss of a child,” Governor Kevin Stitt said in a statement.
“I am actively monitoring the situation and have offered our full support as the response and investigation into this incident continues.
“Please keep the family and our first responders in your prayers at this time.”